by James Smith
"The Believer’s Companion in Seasons of Affliction and Trouble" 1842
"Call upon Me in the day of trouble! I will deliver you–and you shall glorify Me!" Psalm 50:15
Believer, in this portion of the divine Word, you will discover:
1. your present portion–trouble,
2. your constant privilege–prayer,
3. your future prospect–deliverance.
1. Your present portion is TROUBLE.
2. Your constant privilege is PRAYER–to visit the throne of grace, and wait upon our God. He says, "Call upon Me in the day of trouble!" Troubles . . . furnish us with messages to our Father’s throne, quicken us in our supplications, and oblige us to entreat His favor!